8 Strategies to Remove Distractions to Improve Focus and Productivity
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
Distractions are everywhere. When you’re eating, taking a walk with your dog, having coffee with a friend, or even when you’re rushing towards work, there is always something that can take our attention away. And when we lose focus on our task, we become unproductive which means we get less things done. This can be very frustrating.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty talks about different ways we can divert our attention and lessen the impact of possible distractions that may come our way.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:26 The biggest thing that takes away joy in our life is distractions
- 03:26 The different types of distractions
- 05:17 Principle #1: Recognize that you have the power to ask better questions
- 06:40 Principle #2: How well can you structure your work?
- 08:18 Principle #3: What can you do with a 5-minute break?
- 09:26 Principle #4: Stop creating a teach-me-how-to-treat-you routine
- 16:27 Principle #5: Plan your own distractions
- 17:22 Principle #6: The probability of achieving a goal if you have an idea
- 22:14 Principle #7: Take a social media fast for a week
- 24:10 Principle #8: Stop when you’re being hard on yourself
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!