2. Behind The Curtain
The Brackeens' case would have been a normal adoption dispute, but then one of the most powerful corporate law firms in the United States took it on and helped the couple launch a federal lawsuit.
- This Land website https://crooked.com/podcast-series/this-land/
- Resources For Survivors https://crooked.com/resources-for-survivors/
- Resources For Journalists & Investigators https://crooked.com/resources-for-journalists-investigators/
- Have a tip? Share it with our reporting team via SecureDrop https://criticalfrequency.org/securedrop/
- Blood Memory documentary https://www.bloodmemorydoc.com/
- “Indian Adoption Project Increases Momentum” April 18, 1967 press release from the U.S. Department of the Interior https://www.indianaffairs.gov/as-ia/opa/online-press-release/indian-adoption-project-increases-momentum
For a transcript of this episode, please visit crooked.com/thisland.