Gabrielle Union ON: Vulnerability & Turning Your Weakness Into Your Superpower
Gabrielle Union chats with Jay Shetty to talk about a woman’s inner strength. From her arduous journey to have children and competing against her partner on career growth, to realizing what makes a marriage work and thriving in communities where your resources benefit the majority.
Gabrielle is an actress who starred in several romantic films such as The Brothers, Deliver Us from Eva, Think Like a Man, and Think Like a Man Too. She portrayed the lead character in the BET drama series Being Mary Jane, of which she received an NAACP Image Award. Married to Dwyane Wade, she continues to advocate for survivors of assault.
Head over to samatea.com/onpurpose to find out your Tea Personality!
What We Discuss with Gabrielle:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:54 Struggling to have children
- 11:21 Every child is unique
- 15:45 Support looks different for men and women
- 20:19 Figuring out how to walk side by side with your partner
- 24:30 You can’t compete with your partner
- 28:37 Most children aren't going to be shady for no reason
- 32:06 Rising through a terrible experience
- 38:20 Don’t try to hide when you feel vulnerable
- 46:07 Raise girls to have a world perspective, not with a town perspective
- 48:18 Accepting your child for who they identify as
- 53:55 It’s about building communities to share resources
- 55:53 Gabrielle on Fast Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
- Gabrielle Union | Instagram
- Gabrielle Union | Twitter
- Gabrielle Union | Facebook
- Gabrielle Union | Amazon