Dr. Steven Gundry ON: “Healthy” Foods You Shouldn’t Be Eating & the Warning Signs of a Leaky Gut
Dr. Steven Gundry sits down with Jay Shetty to talk about the power of our gut as a second brain. Our gut bacteria, when fed with the right food, helps our body avoid inflammation which is the main trigger for illnesses and diseases to develop. Eating right is eating healthy.
Dr. Gundry is a well-known cardiothoracic surgeon and heart surgeon. His mission is to improve health, happiness, and longevity by making simple changes to our diet. Dr. Gundry teaches people how to avoid surgery by using his unique vision of human nutrition. Currently, he is Director and Founder of the International Heart & Lung Institute as well as the Center for Restorative Medicine in Palm Springs and Santa Barbara, CA.
What We Discuss with Dr. Gundry:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:39 “You are what you eat, but you are what the thing you are eating ate.”
- 06:46 What happens inside of us when we consume products?
- 10:04 When the energy expenditure goes to inflammation which is driven by a leaky gut
- 15:24 The gut is the second brain
- 19:05 Women are more in-tune with their gut than men
- 22:26 Ancient wheat are just as mischievous as modern wheat
- 27:33 The hidden truth about sugar in Nutrition Facts labels
- 33:17 Two types of gut bacteria
- 35:39 The Gut-Centric Theory of Hunger - bacteria's guide our sense of hunger
- 42:56 Time-Restricted Eating better known as Intermittent Fasting
- 46:26 For longevity, we have to adapt metabolic flexibility
- 49:19 Enlist the power of your gut bacteria
- 53:40 Dr. Gundry on Fast Five
- Dr. Steven Gundry | Website
- Dr. Steven Gundry | Twitter
- Dr. Steven Gundry | Amazon
- Dr. Steven Gundry | Facebook
- Dr. Steven Gundry | Instagram
- Gundry MD
- The Steven Gundry Podcast
- The Steven Gundry Podcast | YouTube
- The Steven Gundry Podcast | Facebook
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!