Trans visibility in television today
This year, GLAAD reported there are 596 LGBTQ regular and recurring characters across broadcast, cable and streaming shows -- 32 are trans. For Pride month we’re looking at trans visibility in TV and film today, and how we got here.
- Plus, destruction in Ukraine at a critical time in the war.
- And, Saudi influence now looms large over professional golf.
Guests: Axios' Dave Lawler and Jeff Tracy, Bentley University's Dr. Traci Abbott.
Credits: Axios Today is produced by Niala Boodhoo, Alexandra Botti, Fonda Mwangi, Robin Linn and Alex Sugiura. Music is composed by Evan Viola. You can reach us at email@example.com. You can text questions, comments and story ideas to Niala as a text or voice memo to 202-918-4893.
- Destruction of key dam in Ukraine causes flooding, raises nuclear risks
- GLAAD’s 27th annual Where We Are on TV Report
- Golf tour rivals PGA and Saudi-backed LIV agree to surprise merger
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices