State of Play: debt ceiling talks and a murky 2024
The political fight over the debt ceiling continues to grow, as we approach a cliff that Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says will come at the start of June. Meanwhile, lies were a central theme in politics this week. Axios' Hans Nichols explains in our weekly politics State of Play.
- Plus, the FDA lifts a longtime restriction on blood donations.
- And, Netflix says it will put billions into more Korean content.
Guests: Axios' Hans Nichols; University of California, Irvine's Kyung Hyun Kim; and LAist's Vivian Yoon.
Credits: Axios Today is produced by Niala Boodhoo, Alexandra Botti, Fonda Mwangi and Alex Sugiura. Music is composed by Evan Viola. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can text questions, comments and story ideas to Niala as a text or voice memo to 202-918-4893.
- White House debt ceiling meeting postponed
- FDA formally loosens blood donor restrictions on gay, bisexual men
- California Love: K-Pop Dreaming - Podcasts
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices