Parties come together to avert U.S. debt crisis
President Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy reached a debt ceiling deal over the weekend. Now, its up to Congress to vote for the bill and avoid a catastrophic default.
- Plus, a backlog of migrants builds on the Mexican side of the Southern border.
- And, Turkish President Erdoğan secures five more years in power.
Guests: Axios' Hans Nichols and Stef Kight.
Credits: Axios Today is produced by Margaret Talev, Alexandra Botti, Fonda Mwangi, Robin Linn, Lydia McMullen-Laird and Alex Sugiura. Music is composed by Evan Viola. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can text questions, comments and story ideas to Niala as a text or voice memo to 202-918-4893.
- Inside Biden’s relentless soft-sell on the debt ceiling bill
- Turkey's President Erdoğan wins re-election
- Mexico's border crisis: What the U.S. doesn't see
- "The Little Mermaid" makes a splash at Memorial Day weekend box office
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices